- replaced all of the flooring
- replaced kitchen cabinet hardware
- replaced all of the towel bars in the main bathroom
- removed the sliding shower door in the main bathroom
- replaced the towel bars in master bath
- had the master bath shower resurfaced
- had a new shower door installed in master bath
- installed a new toilet in the master bath
- removed the fireplace door
- painted the fireplace
- painted the exterior of the house
- had a swimming pool installed
A lot of the work I did by myself (see the ones in bold), but some things, like installing the carpeting we had to hire out. A few times Jason and I worked on a project together like installing the kitchen faucet, installing the master bath toilet and hanging the chandelier in the breakfast room, but he doesn't share my love for DIY projects so he usually leaves them to me unless I ask for help.
I don't have a lot of before/after photos posted on my blog since much of the work was done prior to my starting this blog. As time allows, I'll locate the photos and scan them in so anyone who's interested can see all of the progress we've made. There are still a few things I would like to change like the kitchen counters and the counters on the built-in buffet and breakfast bar in the breakfast room (which is also our only dining room but I think "breakfast room" sounds cuter). But since they're not completely hideous, we haven't gotten around to doing them yet.
Click on the nest below to view all of my posts about our home.